Sunday, October 11, 2009

If wishes were horses

I'm the kind of person who dwells in the past. I love looking back, replaying events in my mind and looking at it from all angles.

When I left Hyderabad few years back, I left behind a life and friends that I had dearly loved. I was the first to leave the group and every time I called them I'd be green with jealousy even if all they were saying was how the maid was on leave and they had to do the dishes. I hated the fact that I was not part of it anymore. It took me a great deal of time to make a new beginning when I eventually did there was no looking back.

Two months after my return from SLC I am going through a similar phase. I am struggling to disconnect and move on. Struggling to make a new start. And this time there is also this gnawing feeling that I am not even sincerely trying. Social networking sites are making it worse, photo and status updates on orkut/facebook are constant reminders of what I am missing.
I don't regret my decision to come back. I did what I had to do. But I wish could look ahead and plan my future rather than worry about whats gone. I wish.

10 comments:

HP said...

Exactly my thoughts now :-)

confused said...

Same thoghts in my mind.........Nothing has changed in my life...it's just that life of people around me has changed and it's getting difficult to cope with thta also

Balaji Chitra Ganesan said...

>> If wishes were horses

they wud be traveling and finding new places ...

paradoxical life said...

One lesson well learned in the past few years is the need to completely ignore the life of people around us. Though i am still struggling with it, and i guess will continue to do so. With time, matters will complicate more rather than getting solved. But i do wonder how could you be jealous of the horribles chores that we had to do in hyderabad ;-)..........

FlyingHigh said...

HP, Hope you are feeling better now.

confused, Listen to what your friend has to say. 'ignore the life of people around us'. :D You come here. We'll have fun.

Balaji, yes yes..

PL, I loved all those chores..maybe I am happy when I am living on my own.

paradoxical life said...

confused is the only one who helps me in doing so..........;-)

Aditya said...

Oh Shradha you will be fine, don't worry and don't look too much into it. Sometimes we overanalyze things so much that they appear much larger than they actually are. Think of it like this -- you have it in you to return back there when you want to, when things favor that decision more. What is important is that we do the right thing, which I am sure, just like you, that you did.

Anonymous said...

And I thought I was the only one...
Seems the club is big enough

GuNs said...

the club indeed is big enough. At least I got a chance to go back and refresh some of the memories. :) You'll get your chance too.

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

GuNs said...

the club indeed is big enough. At least I got a chance to go back and refresh some of the memories. :) You'll get your chance too.

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs