Saturday, May 05, 2012

Very amateurish but I am quite proud of it. To start with I was not happy with the shape of the canvas, but this was the only one they had at staples. I haven't used oil paints much so chose a simple theme..although I started without planning much. Initially I painted only the water and sand but it turned out too plain, so I brought in the forest. The left side remained empty so I drew the boat. It still has a lot of empty space but I didn't know what to do with it. I like oil paints because you don't have to worry about getting it right the first time unlike water colours where one wrong move can ruin it. On the downside, it requires a lot of patience and can get messy. My ipad, phone, laptop all have traces of paints. I wonder if I can finally claim 'painting' as my hobby.

No comments: