Saturday, January 01, 2011

Books 2010

I kept track of all books I read this year. Not an impressive list but here it is. The ones in bold are the books I couldn't finish reading.
1. Roadrunner - Dilip D'Souza (Travellogue & Only non fiction that I read)
2. The Kalahari typing school for men - Alexander McCall Smith
3. Animal Farm - George Orwell
4. Dork - Sidin Vadukut
5. Lunatic in my head - Anjum Hasan (Must read)
6. Wizard of Oz - Frank L Baum
7. The Girl - Sonia Faleiro
8. Chasing Harry Winston - Lauren Weisberger (chick lit!)
9. Pride and prejudice and Zombies
10. Piggies on the railway - Smita Jain (chick lit!)
11. Neti, Neti - Anjum Hasan
12. Confessions of a listmaniac - Meenakshi reddy madhavan
13. Madam Bovary - Gustave Flaubert
14. The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald (Must read)
15. Sputnik Sweetheart - Haruki Murakami
16. Sam's Story - Elmo Jayavardhane
17. Confederacy of dunces - John Kennedy Toole (Must read)
18. Carrie diaries - Candace Bushnell (chick lit!)
19. Diary of a wimpy Kid - Jeff Kinney
20. Love in a Torn land – Jean Sasson (still reading)

Update - forgot to add this one!
21. Turbulence - Samit Basu.

Wanted to write a one line review on all the books but that will have to wait. Am glad I discovered Anjum Hassan and Murakami, beautiful writers both.

Happy new year folks!

4 comments:

HP said...

that is quite a list

I lost my reading habit entirely this year. Just could manage Ravan and Eddie which I would recommend.

Would love to read the reviews of the must read books you have mentioned.

Wouldn't Meenakshi's book be a chick lit too?

FlyingHigh said...

HP!

Raavan and Eddie? I should read it then. Meenakshi's book is meant for young readers, wouldn't call it chick lit.

Btw, Thanks so much for reading my blog and commenting regularly, not sure why you do it but I appreciate it!

confused said...

imressively long list :)

realistic dreamer said...

Such a loong list.. I have just not found time this year and my reading habit is in the dumps. Iam sure ur list wont be even half as long next year!.. welcome to the club!!.. You know what i mean ;)