Saturday, February 11, 2006

To blog or not to blog...

My blogging frequency has reduced a lot. I have had lots of 'Hey I can blog about this' incidents but they never reached this space. Many times when I opened this compose window, all I did was stare at the blank screen and close it. Bloggers' block? That is a poor excuse for laziness.

Don't close the window...write....write something...

I was at the Bryan Adams concert last week. In spite of the fact that this was the second time I was seeing him and in spite of me growing out of Bryan Adams kind of music, I had an awesome time. A big high at the concert was spotting cricketer Balaji! I was the first one to see him but I didn't trust my ancient contact lenses so when I mumbled "I think I saw Balaji" the gang I was with was quick to come up with "Yeah right, I think I saw Dravid". About ten minutes later he came right in front of me so this time I say "This is the guy I thought was Balaji", it took a while for all of us to realize that it was in fact him. He smiled and waved back at us. Such a sweet heart! If you have been reading my blog you will know that I nurse these short lived crushes on cricketers. I had one on Balaji too. When I was in college I made a collage of all my favorite people, sportsmen, actors and stuck it on my wall. It had a cut out of a very jubilant Indian cricket team. Next to Balaji are these little hearts that I drew. (I know its a very '16 year old' thing to do and I was much older than 16 when I did that, I am not very proud of it now.) He had an injury and was dropped out of the team, I soon forgot about him. Murali Karthik and Pathan also have hearts next to them. I stopped liking Murali after I realized he was married. Married to somebody who looks like an 'Aunty'. Then there are some cricketers who get their hair straightened and I lose interest. Dravid, is the only person whom I still admire, adore and respect.

I wonder why I don't follow cricket these days, I know India won today but I am not celebrating like I normally would have. Lack of good looking players? Probably!

I wish I had a camera phone, I could have taken Balaji's snap. Even otherwise there have been times when I saw something so beautiful that I regretted not having a camera with me. Like yesterday, I saw someone on the road wearing multicoloured pants...beautiful!

When I bought this phone, a Nokia 6610 (by which I mean, when my dad gifted a Nokia 6610) I was the only one who had a phone with colour screen. Now everyone has graduated to camera, mp3 player and bluetooth phones while I am still stuck with this thing. Few days ago when I was trying to clean it, the panel snapped in to two pieces. So I went to this mobile phone shop and asked for a new panel. The shop keeper showed me one in a sealed pack with Nokia logo and all. I asked him if that was original, he said it wasn't. I asked him if he had an original one. He said yes and took out another one which was in a zip lock bag. A zip lock bag and original!!!!! I still bought it because I felt it was a better quality duplicate. But I don't think it will last long, it is time to buy a new phone.
My original plan was to wait till August and let some one gift me a brand new cell phone for my birthday. But I am sure my phone will have a major breakdown before that, it is better I buy one soon. Most of my friends have Moto Razors or Sony Ericsson K700is. I want something that is better than both the phones(good camera resolution a must) but around the same price range. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

~RAUL~ said...

take those new moto silvers...they are cheap and cool too...

and i don't wanna wait till august for ur treat...treat me next time i'm there in blore :d :d :d

and u're really lucky to be in the concert yaar !!!

GuNs said...

Hey Shradz...

I think you oughtta get the Razr or the Walkman phone from Sony Ericsson. They both have exactly what you want.

Better still, get an ultra thin digicam which you can wear as a pendant!!

I am in office tonight and I feel like this is the last straw on my back before I quit the job....(and do what???)

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

~RAUL~ said...

wake up girl... write a new post !!!

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

i alwayz miss the bryan adams concert :((