Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Piece me together

My dad says life is a jigsaw puzzle. That things will eventually fall in place. That the picture will one day be complete. What I will never understand is that some of the pieces in my puzzle are lost forever. But no, I will never understand that. I will worry, I will fret, I will go on a quest looking for that non existent piece. And while I am worrying and fretting I will fail to see the picture that even without the missing piece, is beautifully shaping. What I will never understand is that you don't need all pieces to see the picture. What's more, the supreme force, the holy jigsaw puzzle maker throws these pieces at me that were never meant to fit into my picture. Just to confuse me. But no, I will never understand that. I will worry more, I will fret more and I will try to force that piece where it was just not meant to be.

I hate jigsaw puzzles.

6 comments:

~RAUL~ said...

!!!

confusing...totally...

and yeah i love jigsaw puzzles :) :)

Anonymous said...

Sudoku....give up jigsaw puzzles and switch to sudoku :p

Just recovered use of my computer! I've been fighting for days - the computer and the jetlag!

Arunz

GuNs said...

Maybe we can look at the jigsaw from the point of view of the guy whos throwing the pieces at you. I am sure the whole picture would make a lot more sense then.

Frame of reference, baby ! Get out of the shell and look around. Theres a lot of things around that are not as complicated as Jigsaw puzzles.

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

kanags said...

agree life is a jigsaw puzzle.. the problem is it will never be complete..and sometimes yep as u say we try to fit a square peg in a round hole..:)

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

so true....
n sad tat these very words seem to apply to me as well..

Anonymous said...

this one had a real deep meaning...n i can truly connect with it....our prob is we dont try to see the picture which is being shaped and be happy about it...bt we start worrying abt the piece which is misfit.....we should enjoy the picture we have n then work then rest of the pieces will automatically fall into place