Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Radio ga ga

Radio Mirchi is finally here. And with four other private channels in the pipeline Radiocity will have some tough competition. Which should mean better shows, good music, better RJs. More ads! That is one reason why I don't like Radiocity, the only time I listen to the radio is when I commute to office early mornings and in that 45 min journey (1 hour if I am lucky and there is a traffic jam) Radiocity hardly plays a song or two which more often than not is a remix or some other song I hate. So my favorite stations these days are FM Rainbow and Vividh Bharati. The quality sucks but they play good music, MORE music. I have also taken a sudden liking to Kannada music. If only Kannada lyricists stayed away from including Hindi and English words in Kannada songs I'd have nothing to complain. ' Dil kucchu kuchu hogaya, idu yede chucho chucho vishaya' ??? Thats not even correct Hindi, and they make Udit Narayan sing it!!!

Here is my list of favorites
1)Usiraguve Hasiraguve, Maurya
2)Nee Amrithadhare, Amrithadhare
3)Preethi Antha, Excuse me
4)Ba ra, Apthamitra
5)Vidhibaraha, Abhi

But my all time favorite is this song from Appu
Taliban alla alla
Bin laden alwe all
a
Avan hodaddu building ge

Nan hodiddu hrudayakke

Misunderstanding beda

Roughly translated, I am not the Taliban, I am not Bin laden, he aimed at a buliding, I aimed at your heart, I don't want any misunderstanding.

How profound! :))

5 comments:

GuNs said...

Profound !! Ha ha ha ...

But then, what do you expect from a film named APPU !!

God save you, Shradz. Hope the new channels bring in some real music.

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

~RAUL~ said...

Yucks... you definitely need to hang yourself girl...

Wait, lemme come there to blore and then i'll do the honours...

:) :)

FlyingHigh said...

Guns, those 5 songs are real good songs check them out sometime.

Raul, what yucks?? that song is funny and tune is vry catchy! Try the other songs, u'll like them even if you dont understand the lang :)

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

profound indeed :))

wish i cud take to telugu songs like u've done with the kannada ones :))

FlyingHigh said...

Swathi, hey I like 'Cheliya cheliya' and 'Aa ante amlapura' some telegu songs are fun!