Thursday, August 07, 2008

Fashion Advice

At the bus stop a girl aged around 12 years takes an interest in me and this is the conversation that ensued.

Girl : Why do you wear pant and shirt, I think you look good in chudidhars.
Me : Erm, have you seen me before?
Girl : No this is the first time I'm seeing you.
Me : But this is a kurta, not a shirt.
Girl : I still think you'll look good in chudidhaars.

Sigh. Fashion police everywhere. At least she didn't say I looked bad in what I was wearing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

12 year old a fashion opinionist??? Whats the world coming to? :P

I should think, if I wanted anyone's opinion on my fashion sense, I'd gladly give it to them :D

FlyingHigh said...

:D I am now on the look out for other such people, I have a mirror I know how I look, thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

;) The trick is to snap back at people at all occasions. So they wont bother me, whether regarding fashion or not ;)

S.. Diva said...

let alone a 12 yr old kid, i have had educated adults passing me those comments, even before they have seen me in a chudidar...
good old indian society has really strong roots, you know!!!