Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Another chapter ends

Quick notes on happenings and my experience working out of a client location in the last 3 months.

1. I felt valued again after a long time.
2. My ego which had taken a beating got a nice boost.
3. Met some really cool and interesting people.
4. Figured out exactly the kind of work I want to do.
5. Was admired and I couldn't understand why.
6. Learnt that I can sit through a 3 hr journey within the city doing nothing.
7. Saw how a big international corporate giant works. Not sure I like it.
8. Realized eating alone sucks more that I thought it would.
9. Gained 3 kilos.
10. Lost an umbrella.
11. Realized people problems are everywhere.
12. Found a new role model.
13. Realized that documentation is not so bad.
14. My public speaking skills improved though it still needs a lot of work.
15. Wrote my first ever farewell mail.
16. Not a single person asked me why I wasn't married yet. (except my classmate from college who I met but he doesn't count.)
17. Bridget Jones Moments were only two, when I almost fell out of the bus and when my umbrella went flying during a conversation with the boss.

Sigh. Time to move on.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you did a lot of things! You were admired cause you're intelligent, funny, great to talk to and pretty??? Could that be it? ;)

:D Bridget Jones Moments :D

I've been meaning to pass on my title of "Queen of Stupid Things" to someone. Unfortunately, I'm like Queen Elizabeth, forever hogging onto the title and not letting go :P

FlyingHigh said...

Haha no, they admired me probably because I knew something they didn't know. :D

I'd like to hear more about the title. I might be a contender you know, ;)

Anonymous said...

:D I'm afraid I wouldnt be able to spill it all out with getting all red in the face.

I do all these really stupid things that later on make me exclaim: what the hell was I thinking!?!

realistic dreamer said...

aaha, 16th point- thank god, there r still such ppl around.. sigh.

u gained 3 kilos eating alone?- ppl usually loose weight during such cases :P

FlyingHigh said...

rinchen, Ah, happens to me all the time. :D

rd, I ate alone only few times in all the 3 months. Maybe its my weighing scale thats screwed. :P

Anonymous said...

PS: #1 is hard to come by, yes.

FlyingHigh said...

rinchen, hard to come by and so very important! Don't know why employers don't pay more attention to employee satisfaction etc.

raven said...

hey y no mention of crush :p