Sunday, December 06, 2009

Read-Only

Observing people is what I do best, I love being the bystander watching the world go by. I have been on read-only mode for past few days on twitter and facebook and I recommend that you do it too sometime. Resist that urge to say something and let others have their say. If you can manage to filter out the noise you will find people who inspire, people who do make a difference. Even conversations (between others) seem more interesting, many a times we are so bent upon getting our point across we fail to understand what others want to convey. As a silent observer, its easier to be non judgemental and unbiased. The downside of this read-only behaviour is that I tend to get too passive and derive amusement out of this rather than going out there and doing something myself. But once in a while, it is good to shut up and just listen.

1 comment:

HP said...

Yes, shutting up and listening what others have to say once in a while is always a good option :-)

But our profession demands that we speak even if we don't know what the heck we are talking about.