Thursday, September 15, 2005

Of Mice and Women

Now that I am back in Hyderabad, I am back to living independently. I have no troubles adjusting because I am just resuming the lifestyle I left behind. I enjoyed it then and am enjoying it now, late night discussions with roomies, bitching about our companies, arguing as to whose turn it is to pay the electricity bill, weekend movies, experimenting in the kitchen, fighting for the remote and more.
Currently we are facing umpteen problems in the flat we are staying, one such being rats.A family of rats (3 have been spotted) have been visiting us mostly in the nights but there have been sightings in the day also. We are also suspecting that they might have an establishment somewhere in the kitchen. Our kitchen, once a hang out for all of us, a place for discussing the days events, is now used only by the brave and fearless. Screams are heard every otherday followed by loud explecitives.
Initially some of us were not too eager on exterminating them. I have no sympathy for these beady eyed furry monsters. They are ugly, creepy and they steal our food. I don't know why they have been given so much importance in fairy tales, nursery rhymes and cartoons. I never liked Mickey Mouse. Then there's Jerry. Tom deserves some respect and some food too! But yeah, as a kid I took sides with Jerry. Stuart Little, Awwww he looked so cute. So did the mice in Disney's Cinderella, especially the fat one. Damn! I am actually feeling sorry for them now.......

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~RAUL~ said...

There it comes. The usual first reply to ur posting is always some Mr Anonymous and he is always campaigning for someone. I guess spamming is a bigtime activity on blogger now. Neways welcome back to hyd. And yes, a mouse is a creature I really hate. I never liked mickey because he always dominated over the cute Pluto. Still they look cool in movies. Remember those mice in Shrek...lovely.

FlyingHigh said...

Rahul, these spammers are very irritating...I am tired of deleting their comments! I hate rats, our major concern now is how to get rid of them. And yeah pluto was such a docile sweet doggy...a mouse, his owner??Not cool!

~RAUL~ said...

Go get a cat/dog from somewhere. The 3 musketeers would disappear within a week.
Grazed through your profile. An A-Rod fan ? That guy is amazing...pure stamina...seems to be so so full of energy and determination. Someday he'll surely beat Ferderer. And I shall smile. Its a friday evening. No office for 60 Hrs :) :). I am smiling.

Someone said...

Well, I guess I have problem with lizards. Never had any mice problem and so can't comment.
neways, the up-down trips to Bangalore still going on ?

Anonymous said...

Get a cat....hunt rat for dinner *grin*
Saves the grocery bills and you could have exotic cuisine at home...

Rat meat...yummmm :))

Arunz

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

lol! at the title of the post reminded of that Steinbeck book.
rats eeks... get a trap or something , i can imagine u guys howling over it

FlyingHigh said...

Rahul, Having a pet is not an option but the 3 of them seem to have disappeared for no reason! Good for us. Yeah am a Roddick fan. BUt his first round exit frm US open has me worried. Dont know when he will win his next grandslam.

Supriy Lizards are harmless...
Travel less frequently now mostly on weekends. Whts up with u?

Arun Ew..gross! BTW how do u like ur rat meat? Rare, medium or well done?

Swathi The title is inspired frm Steinbeck's book.
These rats r too big for traps...But they seem to have gone...guess they r on a vacation or some thing!

~RAUL~ said...

The 3 seem to have gone to the lake for the "ganapati visarjan". It'll be some time before they are back. And yes, they'll be back. Just wait for them.
A.Rod. has won just one grand slam, US Open, rite ? With couple of youngsters coming up on the horizon and his nemesis(read federer) still there I guess he better do something fast or else he'll surely fade away. Is he still dating Mandy Moore? This was some big story in US sometime back...

FlyingHigh said...

Rahul Andy and Mandy are history...dont know who his current love interest is...and yeah I think Andy will soon fade away but might make a come back like safin did.. U never know!

FlyingHigh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~RAUL~ said...

Safin is my fav player on the circuit. Pity we don't see much of him. But he's only 25. Still got some time before he says goodbye. Btw you seem to have disappeared from the blog. No new posts?