Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Time flies

Cant believe its actually November, just two more months before 2006. I know I am stating the obvious but the reason this is worrying me is that the resolutions I took on New Years eve, which I also shamelessly announced and made public (as I am doing again), haven't been fulfilled. What was I doing for the last 10 months? Now I have to implement them in 2 months or live with the guilt of not even trying to fulfill them. I think I'll choose the latter.

I still remember that day when we were trying to get drunk on 7 up(or was it sprite?) and I took those four simple resolutions.

1. Improve knowledge in geography, study atlas, world map.
2. Learn more about banking, income tax, mutual funds, bonds, stocks and shares.
3. See money grow using knowledge gained by 2.
4. Visit places discovered in 1. using money earned in 3.

Damn. Why does time fly so fast? Maybe I will carry over the same resolutions for the next year.

8 comments:

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

yup the year seems to have flown so fast,
n i like the way u have interlinked ur resolutions...

but the best wud be not to make any New Yr resolutions (like me :))

Abdul Bijur V.A. said...

what kind of resolutions are that!!! argh!

perhaps u shud have resolved urself to not 'get drunk on 7 up" !! :)

good luck :)

~RAUL~ said...

maybe this time u can take a resolution to sincerely fulfill ur resolutions...
and for god's sake...getting drunk on 7 up...nayyyyyyy...

Vishnu said...

will go with raul....

;)

johnny boy said...

heyyyy...
So the lesson that you have learnt from this yr's resolution is -> When you can fit in your resolutions for the entire year into a single point, do not elaborate them, and stretch it over to 4 points :)))
Jus kiddddingggg ya.. Comin to serious things - one thing i would suggest, do not carry forward your resolutions to the next year. The chances that you will follow it, are lesser cos you will get bored. The thing about resolutions, is the excitement that comes with it. So instead go in for exciting new resolutions...
Hey we all make resolutions and seldom make it a reality. So chill, don wrry..
Even if you make a slight effort with some determination - you could not have asked for more.. So you still have 2 more months left.. All the best ;)

FlyingHigh said...

Swathi, Yeah, maybe i'll just stop taking resolutions...wont have to feel guilty all the time tht way :)

Abdul, Hehe..I spice the 7 up with vodka these days!! And whts wrong with those resolutions?? You don know how poor my geography is and how embarrased I get when ppl mention some place and I wonder, is it a country? is it a city? is it a car????

Rahul, It didnt work, we tried....realised one cant get high on 7 up :)

Vishnu, Reply to Rahul applies to u too :))

John, Thanks for the advice...yeah 2 months is a lot of time atleast to make a start. Now wheres that atlas?? New resolutions?? I dont know may be I wont take any this time...lemme see..

Docs Dope, It didnt work, we tried to...Dont know wht we were thinking. I hate 7 up.

~RAUL~ said...

download google earth to improve ur geographical knowledge...it even shows some air force stations and planes... :D :D

Someone said...

Is this the first time that u failed to keep ur new yr resolutions ? If it is, u r a lucky one.
Getting drunk on 7 up!! A good thing that wasn't ur resolution :D