Monday, November 28, 2005

Goblet of Fire

Harry Potter and The Goblet Of Fire, the movie, is simply amazing. Having read the book quiet sometime back I had forgotten most of it which made the experience all the more exciting. I liked the first half especially the yule ball, too many things happen in the end but then it must have been a difficult task accommodating 600 something pages in a 3 hour movie. Since I suck at reviewing movies I'll stop at that. If you are a Harry Potter fan, then you'll not want to miss this. If you are not then you should read all the books, see movies 1, 2, 3 and then watch this one.

Inspired by Fleur Delacour, Cedric Diggory (Dear Dear Cedric!) and Victor Krum, I have finally made up my mind to take part in the marathon (Run Bangalore) that will happen on December 18. I know its not the Triwizard championship, I don't want eternal glory but I have always wanted to take part in a marathon, its high time I stop making excuses and take the plunge. The first time a Marathon happened in Bangalore I was still warming up to the idea of it. Yesterday there was one in Hyderabad for which I had convinced two friends to join along with me. But the transfer happened and I couldn't go. Now is the chance. I'll drop my name in the Goblet of fire (or some place I can register) and start training from tomorrow.

Now if I can only convince my lazy friends to join me.....

8 comments:

Vishnu said...

Marathon...hmmm...gud...

all the best

Cheers!
:)

~RAUL~ said...

oh oh...i saw the movie yesterday only...
guess where? the big screen at IMAX...amazing....
u got ur transfer a l'il too soon...

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

the hyd 10K run was fun, I was there from 5 am (planning to blog 'bout it!)

FlyingHigh said...

Vishnu Thanks :)

Rahul IMAX? Ok gloat all u want, but now I hold the record of watching all HP movies in the same theatre :p

Swathi Hey do blog abt it...I cant seem to get my friends to join, maybe u can inspire them :)

johnny boy said...

Hey shradha..
I think HP is gettin to you :)) your post has more harry potter inspired terms, than normal english :P
Comin to the post - cooool, make sure u gofer the marathon. Will be nice fun, and also a nice exercise! I saw hp 4 this sunday. It was nice, enjoyed it. I havent read any potter books, I saw HP1 and then straight to HP4 :) lol
Take care!

Rohan Kumar said...

The great movie tha it is I wud have never thought it wud ever inspire anyone to run in a marathon ;), U wud do the maker proud

Anonymous said...

Awesome...I've plans to run a marathon next year...How long did you train?

Arunz

FlyingHigh said...

John My friend agreed so marathon looks like a possibility now. yay!

Rohan May be I should write a letter to the makers and J. K Rowling..what say?

Arun I am not running the entire marathon(21 km) I am only going for the open event which is 5 km. So I am hoping I dont need any real training. Here is how they suggest one should train http://bangalorehalfmarathon.com/training.html

Good luck for u when u do run.