Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Updates from home....

Feels good to be home, got all the attention that I expected. Nothings changed much in the last month, my dog still recognizes me, my room unused, has started growing stuff mostly of the fungal kind thanks to all the rain and oh...Pizza Hut has opened up a new outlet in our neighbourhood, that is something to cheer about. Diwali was fun, though cracker free because the dog hates it. Met up with cousins, uncles, aunts and nephews. Attended poojas at two places. I casually mentioned that people up north play cards during diwali, everyone got excited and we played at uncle's place for quiet some time. I won. Didn't know I was this good. Should start gambling, this way I can save up for that Digicam I have always wanted.

With friends, plans were made, cancelled, remade and postponed. Today visited Garuda mall. Spent most of the time comparing it with Forum. Saw 'Truth about Love' in Inox. Silly raunchy British comedy, waste of 140 bucks. Paid one more visit to Blossoms (yay!) and Corner House. Next will be going to Sigma mall, this new place at cunningham road. More people to meet, more places to visit.

I got two messages from Income tax department. It said 'Happy Diwali. Have you filed your return for Ay 05-06? If not plz do so.' Read more here. Kinda puts you off when you get that message in the middle of all the celebrations. When thay say 'Happy Diwali', do they really mean it?
Anyway I did have a happy one. :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inox? Garuda mall? Sigma mall!!! I'm itching to go back!

Arunz

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

ah, Blossoms ***sigh**** color me green on that one :)

johnny boy said...

heyy.. You know what was the first thing that came to my mind when i read this post? The sight of a girl, running all over bangalore from this corner, to that corner! :) Don ask me why.. When i read things, i have this thing of picturising it :) Crazy head I got ;)
Btw, nice to know that u are home and looks like u are having a lovely time! cool, happy for u! I do come to b'lore quite often, and all the places i managed to visit over a coupla yrs, u jus ran thru them in a few mins :) B'lore is a cool place! Love it...
Have fun ... Have u filed your IT returns ?? :D Kidddiiiiinnnnggg

Someone said...

U r home and I m stuck in this depressing place. btw, it seems that u have been visiting Blossoms quite a lot now. Which books did u get this time ?
The IT dep item was news to me. Seems a gentle way of saying "Big Brother is Watching You"

~RAUL~ said...

Seems u're having a ball out there. Garuda mall is cool. Better than forum i think. And please get a frozen DBC for me frm Corner House. I miss that so so badly here in hyd.
On the other hand, wht abt opening a Corner House here in hyd? Me and u can be parteners... think think... all the icecream...and shakes...
slurrpppppp

FlyingHigh said...

Arun, I hope u wont be disappointed when u do visit B'lore....all the malls look the same to me!

Swathi, Jealous are u? But this time I had one complaint...they dont seem to be increasing their collection. Didnt get some books I wanted.

John, Hey I was excited alright but was not running around like a lunatic! I luv B'lore too..and yeah I have filed my returns :))

Supriy, I need to thank 'someone' for introducing me to blossoms, cant remember whom...

Raul, Seems like a good idea but then I want to watch my calorie intake, as a icecream shop owner it is going to be vry vry difficult!

Vishnu said...

seem u had a gr8 time.... i too rcd the msg from IT dept.....but still i haven't took any action....i donno ven they caught....:(

johnny boy said...

lol.. Am not suggesting that you seemed like a lunatic :)) heheh, jus said that since u kinda breezed thru the description of so many places in b'lore, i got that picture in my mind :P and that someone need not 'necessarily' be a lunatic ;)

~RAUL~ said...

Think about it girl...corner house in hyd....
And for ur calorie intake you can take those less fattening milk shakes...
U just have to finance me...rest all i'll take care ;)

FlyingHigh said...

Vishnu Hey dont mess with The IT dept....they will be watching u :)

John Hehe...ok ok..i know what u meant ;)

Rahul, You are bent upon this idea arent u?? Hey why do I hav to invest alone?? 50-50 partnership plz.