Tuesday, January 24, 2006

What's on TV?

Tananana nan, tananana nan, tananana nan tanaaaa. California..here we come!!!

Thats the title track of 'The OC'. Yeah I watch America's number one teen soap. I have watched few episodes now and as far as I can tell, the show doesn't have any plot or substance, it only has pretty people in pretty places who pretty much seem to party all the time. Then why do I watch it? Maybe its a phase. Or as Arun puts it, I think I am going through Quarter life crisis. I also watch it for Seth. That adorable witty nerd. (I don't have a crush on him, he is 16!!!!I maybe going through a crisis but I am not sick!)
I tried to write about the show now and I realized how cliched the story and most characters are. Its almost as if Yash Chopra, Ekta Kapoor and MTV got together to make the show.Maybe thats why I like it :) Actually its not a phase, I can watch any crap anytime as long as it comes with good packaging. :)

Heres what else I am watching these days
1)Friends- Season 10.
2)Scrubs
3)Becker (Frasier will replace becker I guess. Why cant we have both shows?)
4)Everybody loves Raymond
5)MTV and VH1.

No, I don't watch History Channel. But I watch Discovery travel and Living. Sometimes.

I used to be a TV addict. I am glad I am not one anymore. The one year I stayed away from home I learnt I could survive without the TV. I learnt how to ignore the TV when there is a TV in the room. I learnt that you don't get supreme power and authority by holding the remote control. I learnt that the cable guy is not an enemy. I learnt TV watching can be a group activity. I learnt the art of balancing 'Living a life' and 'Watching TV'.

Now let me go get hold of that remote before somebody else does.

5 comments:

GuNs said...

Shradz...

Me first one to comment.

LOL, antithesis in the last line? Good !! Go grab the remote.

God, you watch so much TV. I almost do not watch TV. The only time I watch TV these days is while having dinner. Sadly, all I (am forced to )see is soppy soaps !! Other than that, sometimes I watch anything thats running on TV on Sunday afternoons.

The last English soap I remember watching regularly was Just Shoot Me on star world. Laura San Giacomo was way too cute in that.

I can live without TV for days or maybe even years but not without my computer now.

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

johnny boy said...

Hey..
I watch a looot of TV... But last 1 year it was a bit restricted cos of this CAS thingy. You guys might be aware that we ppl in chennai have this CAS system. So we dint get all channels (good ones). But last week, unable to stand the torture, I went and bought a Set Top Box, so now i get to see all channels.. yaaaaay :)))
Well, when i watch TV - its mainly sports channels - ESPN/Star sports/Ten sports.. Then i watch a lot of VH1 and lil channel V...
Watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S and Whose Line Is It Anyway regularly... :)

Anonymous said...

taanaananananananaaaaa <- Malgudi Days!!!

Arunz

Someone said...

OC rocks bigtime. Here in rke, ppl r crazy abt it. How many episodes have u seen ?
Well, I have lived w/o television for almost 5 yrs now. I used to be a TV addict but now I usually watch sports and discovery only.
My all time fav show is still Friends.BTW,good observations abt tv viewing

~RAUL~ said...

TV for me mostly means Football and other sports. And also Discovery, Nat Geo and Animal Planet.
I still prefer listening to songs than watchin TV.

And good that you are not an addict anymore. It sucks big time especially when you are sharing a TV among 3 people.

So does your dog watches TV too ?