Thursday, March 02, 2006

One two che che che!

What is the purpose of having a music video? To make people want to buy that album or to make people (potential buyers) squirm in disgust and make them want to pull out their hair(in my case, orange hair)? I can understand models or wannabe actresses wanting to do raunchy numbers. I can understand them wanting to shed clothes. I can even understand Adnan Sami flirting with women one fourth his size and half his age. What I cannot understand is Asha Bhosle wanting to dance in her new video. Tell me who would want to buy her album after they see her dance with an ALIEN????? Why would anyone want to dance with an alien??? Then there is her garish red saree, the blinding red red red settings, the million dancers in the background, the silver 'cha cha cha' s written on the ceiling.....I thought I had seen it all when it came to music videos, I was so wrong!

The song I am talking about is called "One two cha cha cha" and the alien is none other than Jadoo, the friendly neighborhood alien from that ET inspired Hritik movie. He dances better than Asha if you ask me.

If you haven't seen the video, bless your stars!

3 comments:

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

i havent seen this video n have already started counting my stars ...one ..two... :)

Anonymous said...

The 1-2 cha cha cha video really grooves and a 72 year Asha bopping in a blood red sari and giving a full throated renidition of a RD special is what separates the women from the girls.In this case, Asha from the body selling wannabe's.But I would guess the Zaveri style remixes with visible g-strings is more your style.Girl, you're not yet a woman now.

FlyingHigh said...

Anon, I thought when you were 72 and one of the country's best singers, all you had to do to sell your album was sing. The Moulan Rouge-ET-Mr.Naidu video didnt work for me. Am not a fan of the g-stings either. While those videos make me wanna puke this one leaves me...erm..confused. And the red-red-red kinda hurts my eyes.