Sunday, August 13, 2006

Independence day special

Radio channels are suddenly playing all the patriotic songs that otherwise never get played, TV channels are showing movies like swades and rang de basanti. I am sure DD is showing Roja as always. That's not it, I nearly fell down laughing when I saw 'Kasauti zindagi ki, Indepence day special'. I wonder what is going to happen, all the saas and bahus sing the national anthem together? Or are they going to wear tri colour bindis and tricolour sarees and talk about Gandhiji? I for one am not looking forward to it. I don't mind watching roja for the nth time though :)

6 comments:

GuNs said...

Jai Hind !

Someone said...

It seems we Indians r patriotic only on independence day :D. My fav is Swades. btw, Star Movies was showing 'Independence Day'.Dont know how it is related to India

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

i wudnt have tolerated Roja, but yaa i wud've luved to watch the saas bahus sing the national anthem :))

Anonymous said...

I wonder if there ever will be pre and post Independence day specials in these saas-bahu soaps!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the older days movie - the ubiquitous treacherous britisher speaking accented hindi...howlarious!

Arunz

kanags said...

hey happy bday in advance.. and thank u for ur wishes