Friday, July 15, 2005

The crystal ball and more..

I am a Leo but am unlike one. When people pointed this out to me, I used to get very irritated. Its almost as if they think I am a handicap, that I am a lesser person on account of not being one. Who makes these rules after all? Just because somebody says you are born under this star and you should be like this, doesn't mean one has to be that way. Instead the very fact that I am not like one, means that their logic(if there is a logic) is false and baseless. These days I just shrug and say 'I am unique' or even 'stars don't rule me, I rule them'.

But I cant honestly say I don't believe in astrology. For one, I seem to be following my daily horoscope in the newspaper these days. It amuses me. Just last week I picked up Sunday Herald and read the predictions for the week. It said I would be travelling and that I would get success. I was surprised because I was indeed traveling that very day and the reason for my visit was very crucial and could have gone either way(successful or unsuccessful). It was when I started reading the main newspaper that my hopes were all crushed. It said that due to a technical error the horoscope in the supplement was actually next week's and that week's prediction was given right below.I was disappointed because this prediction had nothing special.

This incident though funny made me think why people actually want to know the future. The answer is simple, it gives hope. I wanted to believe what was written. People look for something to hold on to and look for answers. But there is a downside, one could lose hope too. And for this reason alone I don't want to know about my future. I don't want to know what the lines on my hands say, I will never gaze into the crystal ball. I am what I am. If someone judges me because of my sunsign, it is his loss.

The best thing about life is that you don't know what happens next, why ruin the mystery?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes sense - this senseless force fitting, doesn't it? ;) Wel,, sometimes, the world looks like sets of coloured dominoes to me, choose a set adn just flick a finger. :D Shradha. you got a nice page yourself, and interesting thoughts. thanks for your comments, and do keep visiting mine.

FlyingHigh said...

prashant....thanks for visiting my page :)

hansome ghostIntrigue is definetly one of the reasons but I wish ppl wud just leave the future and worry abt the present...
Will try to get hold of this movie...the title sounds interesting.

Medha P said...

Looking thru crystal balls, well may be as ppl.are anxious or worried about their future. However, they don't know that knowing it may increase their worries or may stop wishing good, living present peacefully.

Instead present peace of mind needs attn. Perfect thoughts !!

Anonymous said...

you are a perfect leo :p Only leos can write like this..

cheers
kanags (http://kanags.rediffblogs.com)
(another leo)

FlyingHigh said...

Kanags Perfect leo? I dont know...I guess only leos can tell one frm another :)