Monday, July 04, 2005

Then and Now

Everytime that I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face gettin’ clearer
The past is gone
It went by like dust to dawn
Isn’t that the way
Everybody’s got their dues in life to pay


Dream on, dream on

Dream yourself a dream come true
Dream on, dream on
Dream until your dream come true
Dream on, dream on, dream on...

-Aerosmith(Dream on)

Five years ago if somebody had asked me to describe myself, I would have said "I am a dreamer". Today I am not so sure. Some of those dreams are reality, some still not, some forgotten, new ones added. The past is gone. The future intrigues me. I still have so much to do.
But now I am more at peace with myself. Have learnt to enjoy life while I can. I try to do new things, try to meet new people, yeah I try. And yeah I still dream.

But between then and now few things have'nt changed, things that remain important to me.
Good Friends : Why hasnt anyone called me today?
Good Books : There is a pile of books on my table, all waiting for me to read.
Sleepy Conscience : Responsibilities? What's that?

Mark Twain was right. This is the ideal life.

2 comments:

GuNs said...

Hey Shradz..

First post eh?? What coincidence !! Mine's the first comment here too. Looking at the date, you sure seem to be a real oldie at this blogging stuff. I feel like such a kid !

Needless to say, all your posts are very entertaing (I've read quite a few since morning) unlike mine which inadvertently seem serious. I wrote most of my reviews in the humorous line (check out the one on MAIN PREM KII DIWANI HOON for some serious laughter). So, I guess its just a variation here. I will write a more funny post in the near future...I owe it to myslef.

Sleepy Conscience?? Thats really cool. Mines hyperactive just like me. It keeps prodding me to let go of all the pressures/responsibilities and go live life like a nomad.

I have to try real hard to keep it in check !

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

FlyingHigh said...

Hey thanks for commenting on my first post! Yeah I have been blogging for sometime now. I am an oldie in more ways than one!

Write whatever you want in your blog. Thats the beauty of blogging, its your space, you have absolute freedom to write anything. Dont worry about readers, hits, comments, just be honest and truthful.

I want to write on serious topics from now on. Enough of fooling around.