Monday, March 06, 2006

Scrabble on a lazy Sunday afternoon

My sis added a 'p' , 'v' and a 'j' just before I took the pic otherwise it was a fair game. Sure, none of us used words like 'simulacrum' but I got 43 for some word I cant remember now. Scrabble can be fun specially when you are arguing if words like 'egad' exist or not. Apparently it does. Reminds me of that C&H strip where Calvin is playing against Hobbes....Couldn't find the strip but found this on wiki.

Calvin: Ha! I've got a great word and it's on a "Double word score" box!
Hobbes: "ZQFMGB" isn't a word! It doesn't even have a vowel!
Calvin: "It is so a word! It's a worm found in New Guinea! Everyone knows that!
Hobbes: I'm looking it up.
Calvin: You do, and I'll look up that 12-letter word you played with all the Xs and Js!
Hobbes: What's your score for ZQFMGB?
Calvin: 957.

Hehehe!

PS:The date on that camera was not set...we really played on a sunday afternoon!

6 comments:

GuNs said...

Hey Shradz !!

Thanks a TON for that link on Calvin & Hobbes. You know C&H is my favourite comic strip and wikipedia is my favourite encyclopaedia site.

There are SO MANY awesome quotes on that page. I am gonna print some out to stick on my desk. Maybe I'll make a collage of the dialogues. I already have a printout of a C&H wallpaper on my desk.

You want those e-books of C&H ?

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

FlyingHigh said...

Guns, you are welcome! I see this post has inspired your new post. Nice!

e-books? I own most of his collections so that wont be necessary, thanks :)

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

scrabble is loadza fun n ya arguments r greater fun ..

Anonymous said...

I love the 35 point bingo bonuses you get when you use all letters...scrabble and monopoly aka business are such fun...

Anonymous said...

Btw, Calvin rox :D

Arunz

FlyingHigh said...

Swathi :)

Arun, You get bonus 50 when you use all letters..thats what we constantly aim for. Hobbes once got that for 'zygomorphic'. Hehe!