Sunday, March 19, 2006

Looking for my Hero

So everybody I know is getting married. Everybody I know is talking about it. Most single bloggers are blogging about it. I decided to keep my blog 'marriage-talk' free but it seems impossible now. Parents bring up the topic all the time, I usually cut it off with a filmy dialogue like 'So you want to get rid of me?' and then flee before they can even think up a fitting filmy reply.
But when bestest friend, major Punjabi influence in my life, depression-partner, ex-flatmate H came home last week, mom used the opportunity to team up with her and give me a 2 hour lecture on why I should get married. Sitting through it was nothing less than torture for me, though H seemed to enjoy the whole process. The gist of the lecture is something like this, apparently I have run out of time to find my partner, parents always want the best for their kids and they think the right time has arrived for me to marry and all they want from me now are inputs. Inputs as to what I want in a husband so that they can start 'shortlisting'. H at this point added "Aunty she wants to marry a CB". Before mom could realize what she had said, I shushed her. CB was a fictitious character I and another friend created one semi drunken night, who had all qualities we desired in a husband. Any guy we met was then judged on CB scale. We never met a CB 10 which probably explains why both of us are single. I am not even sure I want to marry a CB (or a Mr.Darcy) now. Anyway those are not the inputs my mom is looking for, she needs specifics. Profession, location and the kind. As much as I hate it, the good daughter that I am I will give her what she wants. Heres my list:

Profession: Llama farmer
Location : Ethiopia
Smoking/drinking :don't care
Annual Income :don't care
Family Background :don't care how many brothers or sisters he has, don't care if he stays with parents, brothers and sisters as long as the llamas stay out.

Guess what? There are no llama farmers in Ethiopia. Hehehe. Good luck mom!

11 comments:

GuNs said...

Hey hey hey !!

I see a brand new budding Calvin in here.

Way to go, twinky !!

Oh, dont forget to check out Ethiopian newspaper sites regularly for any matrimonials looking for a Llama farmer.

Parents these days !!! You never know !!

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

Anonymous said...

Goldsmith -> buys a Llama farm in Ethiopia funsakes -> ideal

:))

FlyingHigh said...

Guns, Ethiopian matrimonial sites? Dont give tht idea to my mom!

Arun, What is ur obsession with goldsmiths? The goldsmiths we are talking abt wont even know where Ethiopia is :p

kanags said...

haha.. hey u have a marriage proposal from some anonymous on my blog.. maybe he would fit in ur CB scale.. btw.. welcome to the phase..

FlyingHigh said...

Kanags, The phase...:(

He scores negative on my CB scale. :))

~RAUL~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~RAUL~ said...

Heard that they actually have Llamas on the Ethiopian Highlands...Good luck girl !!!

And how come you never told me about the CB scale :O :O :O

Btw, how bozo doing ? Getting fatter day by day ?

FlyingHigh said...

Rahul, The chances of my mom finding me a llama farmer with a 'good family background' are pretty slim. At least I hope it is so.

Bozo? I thought that was ur pet name??

Anonymous said...

so H haan...
nice blog...so ur mom has found a perfect CB or nt yet

FlyingHigh said...

H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tumne finally comment kiya..nahi yaar CB bhi nahi kuch bhi nahi..tumhara kya situation hai?

Anonymous said...

mera to what can I say.....still looking for my CB.....thought ll find him in new office....bt all hopes lost now