Sunday, March 09, 2008

Dear Raghu, Part 3

Dear Raghu,

Last episode was ugly. Did you intend on it being this way? It is sometimes hard to believe people on the show are kids, some as young as 18 and 19. Sometimes I don't like what I see. They constantly say its all in the game, but its not really, what we see is a reflection of their personalities. There is only so much one can fake.The cursing, the bitching, the backstabbing, the plotting and scheming is not part of the game it is part of who they are. Given this, it scares me to think that Shambhavi at 18 can be a conniving little fox (I don't like the world bitch- how is a female dog derogatory? I like the word bitching though) and makes use of people to such an extent. And Anmol, I hope someone gives her a does of reality, she thinks she doesn't want to be around the others truth is no one wants to be around her. To make things worse these people actually think they are on the show because they are special. Next season the Shambhavis and Anmols will be forgotten but what will happen to them? Do you think they are going to see themselves and the ugliness on television and wake up? Will their experience on roadies help them be better people or will they grow more obnoxious? Or maybe, hopefully, they will just grow up.

This is why reality shows are fun. You see real people and real emotions, see them make fools of themselves and you secretly thank that you aren't like any of them. So yeah for me it is entertainment but I also sometimes worry for them. Do you ever?
Does your conscience bother you that you meddle with the lives of young people and make money out of it?


Shradha

Previously,

Dear Raghu, 1
Dear Raghu, 2

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man! How true, how true... each of your lines. Esp - how can a female dog be derogatory one :D

Do you think those girls with really grow up? I guess even if they will, they'd probably be so ashamed of themselves looking back.

Question to Raghu, I liked. I wish he'd answer!!!

Anonymous said...

I wonder what went wrong with raghu and nikhil this time during the MTV auditions.Just a bunch of cribbing babies are chosen ,who cannot make money who cannot do any outdoor activities so in total who are good for nothing.

realistic dreamer said...

what worries me, is that they think its not wrong to be the way they are. I mean they have no iota of guilt at all.nor any kind of hesitation. NO i dont think they will change.. and yes as anonymous here said, they are good for nothing!.. raghu and nikhil were just looking for some props not roadies when they chose anmol and shambhavi.. those girls cant get worse, i hope.

FlyingHigh said...

rinchen, Don't know if they will grow up...i hope they do :(

anon, Right there....they all seem to be pretty useless, I remember first season the girls also rode the bikes, now they have riders??

rd, yeah the auditions went very wrong and whats worse those 2 have lasted so many episodes. Both don't deserve to be there in the first place like u said.

Anonymous said...

SO so So.. true!!

"You see real people and real emotions, see them make fools of themselves and you secretly thank that you aren't like any of them."


Raghu is sooo unfair... changes rules whenever Shambhavi is to be eliminated. They just want pretty faces, no roadies attitude(what is it btw?), nothing.

Ankita was the only normal one... you know I have seen girls like her, brash but honest... but I am yet to meet girls like shambhavi and anmol(i am plain lucky i guess). I hope I never do!!


-Urm

Anonymous said...

urmi i mean :P

FlyingHigh said...

Urmi, hehe yes Raghu is very flexible when it comes to rules..

I totally agree about Ankita, she was tolerable and nice even unfortunately the two bullies threw her out. And I never want to come across the types of Anmol and Shamb in my life!