Thursday, March 27, 2008

B'lore is under construction, please visit later.

A post that I had drafted few days back when I was terribly annoyed and irked, I decided not to post it then but I see no harm why shouldn't now. The cynic in me has a strong voice, dominating my thoughts and opinions but I'd like to think that one day things will get better, that this city has hope.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The worst excuse I ever heard was at a conference few days back where the person on being forty five minutes late says "I apologize on behalf on Bangalore's traffic for being late". What the? By now everyone knows you can't state traffic as an excuse anymore. Traffic is bad (to put it mildly) and that is that. Even I am sick of cribbing about it all day long. The problem with us is we wait till we have a problem, wait till it gets worse and then discuss the problem endlessly until we tire ourselves. Like the new airport. Why weren't there enough people talking about the bad choice of location and the innumerable transport problems when the project started rather than now when it is nearing completion? That time, I actually thought it was a good idea to have a new airport considering the bad state the present one is in, why was I so short sighted? Why don't we have enough people to predict the problems we may face and prevent them?

Ok so I am rambling here but the noise, the chaos, the mess is driving me nuts and when I hear myself complain about it to the next person it drives me all the more crazy at my helplessness and the ridiculousness that the situation is. The same things are being said over and over and over. So I blog.

Right now I'd rather be the person living out far away reminiscing about the good times, about VB dosas, MTR idlis and by-two Kapi rather than be here and eat the dosas.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know!!! Recently we had a remodelling of a small stretch of land called MG Marg, which is the heart of town. Oh, the non stop noise, banging, constructing was getting on everyone's nerves.

Its a different thing now - since its all done. Construction sites are a hell of a place to be in.

realistic dreamer said...

u are still one of those people to whom it matters.. most of them as u said know only to complain..it just takes a bit of indifference thats all..
either do what u said in the end or join in with the majority or just be ignorant, not towards the problems BUT the people who complain.. they are more irritating than the traffic jams n likewise!!

FlyingHigh said...

rinchen, hehe yeah small stretch is tolerable, I am talking, road widening all over the city, underpasses and flyovers, route chages for the airport and a metro rail construction all happening at the same time...whats worse is all of this is not even planned properly...don't know when things will come to normalcy and at what cost.

rd, Yeah correct, reminds me of Kareena's dialog in Jab we met..people are part of the crowd and yet complain it is crowded. People contribute to the traffic and then complain. :X

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just loved Kareena in Jab We Met.

"Bacchpan se hi mujhe shaadi karne ka bahut shock hai, by god" :D :D :D

Changelance said...

U rite..! Over and over in our tirade against laziness & irresponsibility,we read accusations but we don’t read & act on solutions but Hey its not abt ppl predicting a problem & preventing it ..It's all abt exercising one’s right to have his /her voice heard ..we have to be honest with ourselves first - and presumably those around us else the real message one sending is that, "this is a waste of time, don't bother “ .. :)) Here’s wishing “ Let The Good times Roll for you” buddy :)Now did I hear some one planning to have a yummy dosa @ Vidhyarthi Bhavan over the weekend :P :P

FlyingHigh said...

rinchen, I love that movie. My fav dialog is 'Kya aap yeh gyaan muft me de rahe hai ya iske paise lagte hai...kyuki mere paas chillar nahi'

hehe

Lokesh, Yep...less talk and more action. I'll post another one about what one can actually do instead of just talking (or blogging) :D

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah!! Even I loved that 'chillar nahi hai' line a lot :D :D :D

Kareena suddenly became a great actress with this movie. Never noticed her acting before this strangely...